VIVIENNE’s Daughter Can Cook Too
Recipe for one hungry person!
- 1 good quality scotch fillet steak
- Korean BBQ marinading sauce (see photo)
- 1 glove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger diced very finely
- 1 tblsp good quality soy sauce (I recommend the MegaChef brand)
- 2 tsp good quality fish sauce (I recommend the MegaChef brand).
- Kim Chi – available at your Asian grocer or Asian food market. Cabbage Kim Chi is most suitable.
- Blanched julienne carrot (as much as you like)
- Blanched julienne zucchini (as much as you like)
- Blanched bean sprouts (as much as you like)
- White bean paste (see photo) (just a small ‘dollop’)
- 1 small bowl of steamed jasmine rice (cooked in water with plenty of salt)
Slice steak into thin strips then mix in with the Marinade ingredients for at least ½ hour. No need to marinate for longer than an hour.
Heat a heavy based pan. You can add a small amount of oil if you wish but if you know your pan can handle it, just leave it dry. Once the pan is almost smoking hot, add the marinated steak and cook until well done, aromatic and caramelised.
Take half of the blanched zucchini and half the blanched bean sprouts and place in a small bowl with some Japanese style mayonnaise and a good squeeze of lemon. Mix together. This goes well with the plain crunchy vegetables.
Place the cooked beef on a suitable plate and add the side dishes but keep your rice bowl separate so you can have each mouthful as the perfect bite- a little bit of everything. You might like to use a nice big spoon and then with chopsticks put a bit of everything on the spoon and then shove it in your gob! Yummy!