The Dump

The Dump is:
For posting comments that don’t get up at the Drum, and for having a pleasant, mirthful or enlightening off-topic discussion.
It’s not for personal abuse of other commenters.
Please do that somewhere else if you must.
Play nicely or piss off.
However, why doesn’t a poster add a link for us to read and comment on here, much quicker. Maybe we can do a bit more bagging here, not that I speak for the moderators, yet.

NB: Being tiresome and boring, racist, sexist or just plain creepy is not playing nicely.

give a crap

———-

The Pig’s Arms exists because eight or nine years ago our other favourite playpen – the ABC’s Unleashed blogsphere started to go off.  Like a sack of prawn heads  in the sun.  Something had to be done.

Moderation was taking forever.  Comments seemed to be rejected randomly – outrageous ones appeared and reasoned ones were pinged.   When they released the Drum / Unleashed ….. things actually got worse !

So many pieces from professional writers appear with no obvious merit.  And the moderation has become, to put it frankly, appalling.

As a former contributor and a commenter, I was deeply disappointed at the plummeting quality from our pre-eminent media empire.  And I resented so many challenging or dare I say, witty or funny posts in which we’ve invested seconds of our precious time – getting the chop.

So here, for all our benefit – is an open slather blog.  Copy and paste your best rejected comments here for posterity.  Does not matter whether you’re posting on the Guardian, First Dog on the Moon or wherever else.

And sprinkle pointers to the Pig’s Arms amongst your comments.  Let’s try to rescue some of the old faithful.

Cheers,

Emm.

13903 thoughts on “The Dump”

1. vivienne29 said:

Andrew Rutherland -Royce Jowett: BullFknShit, Labor set up the greens party in the 1980s and the greens are opposed to mining, so labor does not have to take the heat from the enviromental activisits.
    Hide or report this
    · Reply · 8h
    Vivienne Mendham
    Vivienne Mendham Andrew Sutherland It was Bob Brown
    Edit or delete this
    · Reply · 7h
    Andrew Sutherland
    Andrew Sutherland Vivienne Mendham: Precisely, that is my point.
    Hide or report this
    · Reply · 7h
    Vivienne Mendham
    Vivienne Mendham Andrew Sutherland You have no point. Bob Brown is unique.
    Edit or delete this
    · Reply · 6h
    Andrew Sutherland
    Andrew Sutherland Vivienne Mendham: You are the one with no point, Bob brown was keatings minister for land transport, last time I looked that was the Australian Labor party.
    Hide or report this
    · Reply · 3h
    Vivienne Mendham
    Vivienne Mendham Andrew Sutherland In what universe.
    Edit or delete this
    · Reply · 2h
    Vivienne Mendham
    Vivienne Mendham Andrew Sutherland There is another Mr Brown and he isn’t the Green’s Bob Brown.
    Edit or delete this
    · Reply · 2h
    Vivienne Mendham
    Vivienne Mendham Andrew Sutherland I hope you feel a bit of a dill when you realise the two Bob Browns are completely different people, don’t look alike and have nothing in common. I’m gobsmacked that your research only came up with one Bob Brown the least famous Australian of that name.
    Edit or delete this
    · Reply · 2h

• vivienne29 said:

I put it in again because it didn’t come up !

• algernon1 said:

Oh that’s Brilliant Viv. They walk amongst us and they vote. It’s a worry.

• vivienne29 said:

It is hysterical really. He finally replied and adamant he is right. It is a big worry but he’s obviously been voting incorrectly all his life. Looks to be about 60.

• algernon1 said:

Well there’s nothing wrong with 60 year olds 🙂 . Yes there is ONLY ONE Bob Brown, met him during the 80’s and at the blockade. There was another Brown at the time in the Labor party, John of the bonking on the desk fame. Just checking there was a Bob Brown, Minister for Land Transport and Shipping Support in the Third Hawke ministry and Minister for Land Transport in the Fourth Hawke and First Keating Ministry.

The thing is it’s not Bob Brown of Greens fame. So in one sense he was right but really he was completely wrong.

• vivienne29 said:

He’s totally wrong. He thinks the Labor Minister Bob Brown set up the Greens Party. I mentioned how old he looked as that meant he should know better – lived history and all that.

• algernon1 said:

I agree, why would a Labor party person start up the Greens. Bob Brown is a fairly common name.

• vivienne29 said:

PS: He believes there is only one Bob Brown.

• G’day Vivienne… and you too, Algae. Just dropped by to say ‘G’day!’

I’m quite prepared to believe that the Greens were set up by the labor party Vivienne.

But I don’t really think there’s any real difference between the major parties any more anyway since they ousted Whitlam.

I’m convinced that whenever the Liberals want something really odious introduced (eg fees for universities or a GST) they get their infiltrators (infil-traitors?) in the Labor Party to do it for them.

Effectively both (or even all three) major parties have probably been bought and paid for by the banksters and it is the bankster-owned corporations who now really run this country as they do most of the other countries in this poor, benighted world of ours.

That’s how it seems to me, anyway. The very last people with any ‘say’ in modern politics (one really can’t call it ‘Democracy’… ‘Demockery’ more like!) are ‘We the People’. As Mark Twain once famously said, “If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it!”

Regards to all the other Piglets! 😀

2. vivienne29 said:

Me on Facebook today on Richard Marles’ page:

Andrew Sutherland -Royce Jowett: BullFknShit, Labor set up the greens party in the 1980s and the greens are opposed to mining, so labor does not have to take the heat from the enviromental activisits.
    Hide or report this
    · Reply · 8h
    Vivienne Mendham
    Vivienne Mendham Andrew Sutherland It was Bob Brown
    Edit or delete this
    · Reply · 7h
    Andrew Sutherland
    Andrew Sutherland Vivienne Mendham: Precisely, that is my point.
    Hide or report this
    · Reply · 7h
    Vivienne Mendham
    Vivienne Mendham Andrew Sutherland You have no point. Bob Brown is unique.
    Edit or delete this
    · Reply · 6h
    Andrew Sutherland
    Hide or report this
    · Reply · 3h
    Vivienne Mendham
    Vivienne Mendham Andrew Sutherland In what universe.
    Edit or delete this
    · Reply · 2h
    Vivienne Mendham
    Edit or delete this
    · Reply · 2h
    Vivienne Mendham
    Edit or delete this
    · Reply · 2h

3. vivienne29 said:

Looks like the Guardian has set me free. No more red notes about being moderated.

4. algernon1 said:

Meanwhile on the election trail. Scotty the Stupid while eating dumplings greets a Korean with ni hao. Chinese, Korean all look the same to him. I’s surprised he didn’t ask them if they came to Australia by boat.

Liked by 2 people

5. vivienne29 said:

I’m stuffed if I know what I did or the why of it, but my comments on the Guardian are being pre-moderated (all week) which means that if any of my comments get up it is at least one hour after I made said comment.

• algernon1 said:

Naughty corner maybe, they warn you if that’s the case though. You don’t make too many naughty comments from what I’ve seen.

• vivienne29 said:

Well I did report someone else for making vile comments. I’m wondering if some mod got it all arse up and penalised me instead. I get this: ‘Your comments are currently ‘being pre-moderated (why?) and clicking the why just gives the usual rules that are always there to refer to. I’m hoping to be put back to normal soon. It makes commenting rather futile when a pertinent matter appears long past it’s worth as an impact of current state of affairs.

But, gawd, isn’t this beginning of the campaign from Morrison and Co just awful – same old shit and Labor/Bill Shorten in every second phrase ad nauseum. Then having a got at a one legged candidate ! How much lower can they go? Lots I’m sure.

• algernon1 said:

Wouldn’t have been that clown we were both in battle with perchance earlier in the week. There was an ignorant superiority and abusiveness about them, I was wondering if that was someone known to us.

Yes they’ll need to offer more than Bill Shorten this and Labor that as well a bad in the same breath. Seems that’s all Scotty the Stupid has. Even his opening gambit he seemed to be channelling leaders of the past, he’s a minnow in comparison. Five weeks of the same regurgitation will become tiresome.

6. algernon1 said:

The governments latest election ad.

7. vivienne29 said:

What a piece of shit the Friedberg budget is. 10 year figures, 10 year nonsense. And apparently there $28 Billion worth of savings by changing parameters. The tax scales are ridiculous. Flat taxation has arrived.

Liked by 3 people

• algernon1 said:

I sit back and wonder, tax cuts as far as you can see. Surpluses for the next decade. Tax base eroded. Somebody on $40k paying the same marginal tax rate as someone on $200k. It’s all bullshit complete bullshit. I’ve no idea what I’m going to do with all these unicorns.

Phil Coorey said of it. It’s like turning up at 11pm on Valentines Day with wilted flowers purchased from the servo. Praises it up somewhat. At least Shorten will get his reply.

Liked by 2 people

• Yes, if they were so fucking good, and all of this was ‘doable’, then why didn’t they do it before? Too little too late.

8. algernon1 said:

Struth the pubs had a reno. What have you been up to Merv.

9. vivienne29 said:

Fingers crossed for tomorrow night.

10. vivienne29 said:

Had two phone calls from Pauline Hanson this arvo – then a third. I’d hung up on the first two then thought, hang on, it’s going to keep ringing so I’d better let the whole message go through. No more since.

• algernon1 said:

Incoherent twaddle I guess.

Apparently Police raided our local members offices in relation to phone leaks about Daley etc. But do you hear anything about this alleged criminal activity just five days out from an election, of course not. Daley makes some bone headed comments in a pub six months ago and it’s headline news you have to wonder who in the Liberal Party hands this over to the MSM.

Criminal Activity in the office of a Liberal nothing. Stupid comment more than six months old headline news.

• vivienne29 said:

See the mods removed you today at the Guardian on the Michael/Gladys debate. I read it and forgot what you wrote but it wasn’t naughty. See, no reason. Still weird.

• algernon1 said:

I was questioning the silence regarding the Police raids of the Minister for Finance office and the questioning o six of the staff in relation to confidential leaks emanating from that office, criminal activity. They don’t want to talk about it. Yet a six month heavily edited video of Daley making a dick of himself well that requires metres of print and onanism overdrive from the talking heads.

• algernon1 said:

No it wasn’t naughty, just didn’t fit the agenda.

• algernon1 said:

They didn’t like dummy. Oh and they didn’t like the phrase heavily edited video. Best to push the racist line.

11. algernon1 said:

Election in the air. The first LNP ad.

• algernon1 said:

Well funny you should say that HOO. When I was 5 or 6 we had a summer holiday in Woodenbong, well on a farm at Old Kareela which is nearby. At the home of a old nursing friend of mum.

On going back to school we were asked what we did over the holidays. I said we went to Woodenbong and stayed on a farm. The teacher ignorant of towns in NSW said no you went to Wollongong, protesting I said no we went to Woodenbong, why would anyone want to holiday in Wollongong I said, she was having none of this it was Wollongong, no such place as Woodenbong she said.

I told my mother who was indignant and confronted the teacher and told her in no uncertain terms that we holidayed at Woodenbong. The next day the teacher said to the class we holidayed in Woodenbong.

Now on the other I couldn’t say. 😉

Liked by 2 people

12. algernon1 said:

This was posted somewhere on TGA today.

13. vivienne29 said:

Only the Liberal’s Morrison (ex Abbott and Turnbull) government could still be in power and be overseeing a recession and blame it on Labor. These incompetent, idiotic, lying, sneering frauds have got to go.

• algernon1 said:

Indeed Viv, I pisses me off that we have not had an election to remove this illegitimate government.

I could talk about Fridays nights debate, the ranter couldn’t get a single fact right and her only retort was to say tell the truth. They must be worried, our local do nothing was out door knocking during the week, he’s never done that before.

• vivienne29 said:

I watched 2 minutes of Gladys and Michael and turned off. I thought it was going to be useless and I was right. Since found out that she said tell the truth, stop lying or similar dozens of times. She’s desperate too.

Liked by 1 person

• I didn’t even bother to watch. Porkbarrelling disagrees with my bullshit detector.

NSW is like the Anglican Church – imaginary. Only Sydney exists – and Newie (for Foodge and Big M and one of them is imaginary too).

And Sydney has become so crowded its odds on that you’ll encounter counts by the hatful.

I voted. Green last time in the state. Wasted vote. This time it’s Labor. We have another indigenous candidate. Someone hopefully who’ll take no shit from anybody.

• algernon1 said:

I would have voted Green preferencing Labor as I did last time, but after that numbskull in Newtown got up in parliament and unloaded on a colleague, as well as them being a mess, its Labor this time.

• algernon1 said:

Very much so Viv, she’s desperate. It just dribbles out of her. Fine if she could back up with something but she just quoted lies

14. vivienne29 said:

‘I don’t think there is enough evidence to Convict Pell’, says man who invaded Iraq on a hunch

“The man responsible for thousands of deaths in a hostile invasion of the Middle East, based off the back of rumours he had heard about Saddam Hussein harbouring weapons of mass destruction, has today said he’s not so sure that we should be rushing to condemn George Pell.”
    THE BETOOTA ADVOCATE

Copyright © 2019 Schwartz Media. All rights reserved

15. Vivienne29 said:

Good read from David Marr on Cardinal Pell.

16. vivienne29 said:

I’m glad there are so few sitting days before the election. Just the budget to go. The last two weeks were the worst ever. There’s only so much one can stand.

Liked by 3 people

• It was appalling vivienne, this government is an abomination, they aren’t governing, they should just go to an election.

• vivienne29 said:

There is not one word to describe them. Abomination indeed. Make the Mafia look good.

Liked by 1 person

• I can only think that they won’t go to the election because they hope to save some of the furniture. After this fortnight I suspect they’ll lose a few more and the further damage they’ve done to the NSW government’s electoral chances

• vivienne29 said:

They have to have the election in May. Otherwise why have Budget a month early. Makes fools of themselves again. A Senate election and months later H of R- stuffs it all up and people won’t be happy.

• I think Scotty the Stupid would be stupid enough to do that. A H of R in November at his peril. The budget a month early is pointless, an incoming Labor government would have a mini budget anyway, that’s if this budget is passed.

• vivienne29 said:

One thing is for sure – you can’t trust these bastards to do the right thing – ever.

Liked by 1 person

17. Vivienne, what’s happening to you at TGA. Rarely see you get pinged but quite a few over the weekend.

• vivienne29 said:

Same thing both times – I called Morrison a liar, or said he was lying or telling lies. One sentence both times. Seems anyone can call him a scum bag but not a liar. Amazing.

Liked by 1 person

• Yes, it’s interesting how one has to choose the right set of words to say the same thing. The think is Stupid is a liar.

Liked by 1 person

• I got pinged for pointing out the state member was an accidental member who has done nothing. In bed with the developers and now championing the little man in the fight against the developer. Nothing that isn’t on the public record. But a comment where I said Michael Photios was the real Premier of NSW stays up. Go figure.

• Makes me wonder whether you get dumped by a report rather than a moderator.

18. To one and all I’m now Arthur Dent over at TGA.

19. So Scotty the Stupid’s government could lose the first legislative vote on the floor by a government in 90 years; a de facto Vote of No Confidence in his government.

So what does Stupid think, it’s stupid legislation. What will he do, ignore it and get on with business, the election is in May. WTF! A barely legitimate government becomes illegitimate.

Part of me hopes he does if only to see the almost complete destruction of the LNP at the next election and the complete obliteration of the conservative faction.

• vivienne29 said:

Going to be a fun two weeks. Guaranteed to be a lot of shouting and outright lies.

• algernon1 said:

It’s already that viv. Scotty the Stupid hiding and leaving Joshie Highpants to field the questions over the Banking RC, and when asked dressed in Khaki pestering Townsville residence, this isn’t a time for politics. Now he’ll ignore a de facto Vote of No Confidence should it pass, do nothing about Tim Wilson’s conflict of interest in a parliamentary committee which he chairs and looks to be forced to sit an extra two week.

It’s just the latest side show from this interim PM. It’s just pathetic the country is not being governed.

Liked by 1 person

• S Como simpleton. Buffoon of a bygone era. You could shove a chair up his arse (an invitation) and he wouldn’t know it unless you clapped your hands.

• Vivienne29 said:

It’d be very funny if it wasn’t real. The deceit, lies and outright abuse of parliament has gone beyond any funny business Howard did. RC’s into past Labor government activities which already had enquiries, the Union witch hunt, claiming all sorts of disasters will happen under Labor and on and on and in the main the MSM and the ABC let is all pass. Really gives me the shits.

Liked by 2 people

• Frydo looked like was being handed a Golden Gaytime when he accepted the report. The Commissioner looked like he was passing the poisoned chalice. I saw a snippet of Leigh Sales interviewing him. :But, but, the Labor party…”

Liked by 1 person

• Is Frydo Baggins better or worse than Big Joe Hawkeye as National Pirate in your opinion ?

Liked by 1 person

• To be honest, I think that Sloppy Joe is a nobody, who thinks he is somebody because somebody voted for him even though nobody actually likes him. He came to grief when somebody noticed that he had the numeracy of a nobody. When asked, somebody said that nobody was to blame, but nobody reckoned that somebody had something to do with it, even though somebody denied it.

Frydo is just a nobody who seems to know nothing, even though he blamed somebody for the entire debacle.

Liked by 2 people

• I kind of get it 😊

• algernon1 said:

Yep poor young Highpants, looked out of his depth on all occasions, but he fronted up, But Labor but Bill Shorten, blah blah blah. Scotty the Stupid was off hiding somewhere, a leader would turn up.

• vivienne29 said:

They’re all dipshits for whom the age of entitlement is never over. The more they have the more they want. It really is time they had to prove (like everyone else does) that they are job ready. An exam must be passed with a high score (like an ATAR of 90 or more) before they can stand for election. Membership of the IPA should disqualify them from standing.

20. Algernon says:

Enough of this joke, Scotty the Stupid. How many more jump ship. Election now.

Nigel Evans replies:

Apparently Abbott is going to run for the Australian Homosexual Party. He sees it as a natural fit. Maggie was disgusted as she lodged another tax invoice rort.

The mods must be on strike today, gave me a laugh though.

Liked by 2 people

21. algernon1 said:

I see the Guardian gets a bit touchy when you post something related to the Royal family. Posted something about Abbott regretting knighting Prince Philip and it got pulled.

22. algernon1 said:

Algernon says:

It’s like sand through the hourglass with this Liberal Party, another episode of Days of our lives.

Who’ll be the next woman to leave the natural party of women.

Nigel Evans says:

My money is on Chrissy Pyne

Like days of old!

Liked by 3 people

23. vivienne29 said:

45 forecast and at 10 am it’s already 32.

24. algernon1 said:

Happy birthday Hung, one year in front again.